Christina's Blog

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Am Alive

Sorry to alarm everyone. Yes, I am still alive. It's just been a really crazy summer and I think things are finally starting to settle down.

I've settled into my job now. Things are going really well, but the who knew the world of HR could be so crazy. There is no such thing as a typical day, but basically I handle insurance questions and enrollment and hiring and terminating employees. The most enjoyable project I'm working on involves developing new incentive programs. I'm really enjoying it and learning quite a bit about farming, a topic I must admit I knew very little about before I started. One of the greatest things is that it's like a big family and everyone is so friendly.

Married life is still going very well. We've been spending a lot of our time with our families and staying active by going for walks and swimming at Delaware Lake.

One of the main reasons I haven't written much this summer, especially in about the last month and a half, is that we were spending most of our free time with Isaac's grandma. She really started to go downhill after our wedding and then she passed away August 8th. As is obviously expected, it was a very difficult time. Even though we knew it would be better for her so that she wouldn't be in any pain anymore, it was so hard to watch her slip away. It was also really hard for me to see Isaac hurt and know that there was only so much comforting I myself could do. We are doing okay though and a lot of times on our walks, we go through the cementary and stop by her grave. I think that really helps.

Well, there's not much else going on, so I guess I'll stop writing for now. I hope to stay in better contact. I miss you guys and it's been great to read about what all of you are doing.

In about a month I'll have some baby pictures to show too. Abby's due around October 21st, so I'll be an aunt. It's exciting, but kinda weird too :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    I am so glad you are alive and doing well and that you are enjoying your job. I'm sorry to hear about Isaac's grandma, I know how hard it can be to lose a grandparent. I hope to hear in more regular intervals. :)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    We are all so happy to know you're doing well! You've been a mystery for the past few months :) It's great to hear from you!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Chris - It is so wonderful to hear from you! I am so sorry about your and Isaac's loss. He is very lucky to have you for support.

    On a different note, it is fun to hear that you are learning about farming. My dad would be excited!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger abby said…

    I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I'm so sorry to hear about Isaac's Grandma. Good luck with the land/building project. By chance, do you already have the house drawn up? (just a hunch!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home