Christina's Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Past Couple Weeks

Since the weather has been so beautiful the past couple weeks, we've been outside when we aren't at work. We've got all of our flowers planted and our garden set. Some of the crops are starting to come up already and I'm so excited! It's such a great feeling to see what you planted growing. We scaled back the garden this year and I'm much happier with this arrangement. We created four different raised beds. This allows the soil to warm up quicker and thus you can plant earlier and it makes it much easier to weed. We had an enromous garden last year and it became a bit overwhelming. If all goes well, we'll have radishes and lettuce ready in a couple weeks and then in July and August, we'll have cucumbers, zucchinni, onions, tomatoes, green beans and carrots. We've also got an herb garden growing with lemon thyme, lavendar, rosemary, spearmint, and catnip for Woodrow.

We also went to the Columbus Zoo last weekend for our anniversary. It's probably been about 10 years since I've been to the zoo and longer for Isaac so we had a good time.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Your garden sounds absolutely lovely! That is awesome that the two of you are so dedicated and diligent at maintaining it all. Bob and I have talked about a small garden, but we have not yet been confident enough to begin. I hope it continues to go well!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    I have one house plant and it's currently dead on one side and green on the other...oops! I don't think gardening is my thing!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is awesome! I want to plant more, but our apartment is mostly shaded. I have to stick to potted plants for now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home