Christina's Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Flood




Wow...I've seen more water in the past couple days than I ever want to see again. All I can say is praise God for waking Isaac and I from our sleep at 2:30am Tuesday morning. Since we got up to look at the pounding rain, we saw that our street was under water and ran to the basement to see how much was there. At the time, we could still see the basement floor so we have to rush and move everything to higher ground, including our washer and dryer. By the time it was all said and done, we have about a foot and a half of water in our basement, caused mostly by the drain backing up and sending water into our house from the street. Our backyard flooded as well and I'm afraid I lost my garden, but thankfully we still have our house. We live in a higher section of town and never in a million years would have guessed we'd end up with water. Our neighbors said that in the 25 years they've lived in their house, they've never had so much water. Although we spent all day Tuesday cleaning out the basement and were completely exhausted I feel guilty in complaining. There were so many homes in town that were completely destroyed by the water. Most people around here don't have flood insurance since it rarely ever floods, even though the Sandusky River runs through town and unfortunately most of the homes destroyed were in the poorest parts of town. Please keep our town and those in the other counties around the state that were declared disaster areas in your prayers.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I'm glad your house was spared! It would have been hard starting all over again!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    I heard that your town flooded and thought of you. I'm glad you and Isaac were some of the lucky ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home